ShareThePlay is a web site that allows you to create sports plays and share them with other people. No fees, no software to download. We do not require any personal information. ShareThePlay works on all modern browsers and on many mobile devices. Pick a sport below and give it a try!
Here is how I use the copy playbook feature to protect myself from my own mistakes:
1) The first playbook is the primary one - this is the one that keeps getting bigger and I only send links out for this one.
2) When I make a copy, I name it with the current date and hope I never need it.
3) I keep a Google Doc with all of my owner links, including the copies. You can use any document or even browser bookmarks, just keep it private.
4) If I really mess up the primary playbook, then I go to the Google Doc and follow the link to the latest copy. This would then become the primary and I would forget about the old primary. I would have to send out the coaches and players links.
Here is another way you can use the 'Copy Playbook' feature for quick collaboration:
1) Scout a team and capture their set plays in a playbook.
2) Make a copy or two. As always, keep track of the owner links in a safe and private manner.
3) For each copy, send the coaches link to a coach and ask them for their ideas.
4) You can collaborate, as long as you follow one rule: Only one person updates at a time. I recommend that one person uses the coaches link while the other person uses the players link.
5) The other person has to refresh their browser to see the latest changes.
sharetheplay does not require a registration or login. Instead, the owner of the playbook shares unguessable links with different participants. There are three different links for each playbook:
1. The creator of a playbook gets the owners link that has full control over the playbook. The owner of a playbook should be careful to keep this link safe and private.
2. The owner can share the coaches link with anyone else who is allowed to edit the playbook. The only restriction is that coaches need to take turns editing the playbook to avoid writing over top of one another's changes.
3. The owner or a coach can share the players link with anyone who is allowed to view the playbook.
At the end of the season, the owner presses the 'Change the Links' button. The owners link will continue to work but the owner will need to redistribute the other links to the coaches and players. Anyone who follows an old link will get an error message.
Changing owners is fairly simple. When the new owner receives the old owners link, they:
1. Change the links in the old playbook.
2. Use the 'Copy Playbook' feature and keep the new owners link to themselves.
3. Delete all of the plays in the old playbook.
4. Distribute the coaches and players links for the new playbook.
After you save a playbook, just click on the ‘Share’ button to see more details and get started.